Avoid any bumps in the road to your home design project. Use our installation guide for great tips on the transition
of your old floors to the new.
Today's hardwood flooring is extremely versatile. There are more ways than ever to install your hardwood flooring.
Our Quick-Pick icons indicate the preferred method for your selection: nailing, stapling, gluing, floating or the
new "click" fit (glue-less), where plank edges snap together like the pieces of a well made puzzle.
our Ultimate Confidence Guarantee, because
how your floor is installed will impact its performance and life. We provide a warranted installation by
a trained, professional craftsperson who will finish the job to perfection - guaranteed.
Things to Do Before Installation
We want you to have a clear understanding of the services we provide as well as to be aware of items you will
need to handle prior to the installer arriving at your home. After your purchase, items crucial to the smooth
installation of your new flooring will be detailed by your sales professional in a pre-installation check list
and may include some of the following:
• Verify the installation date.
• Ensure removal of all "breakables" from the room.
• Determine who will remove furniture, appliances and the sub-floor, if needed.
• Arrange for the disconnection of gas appliances and icemakers.
• Determine if any change to the height of the new floor will require adjustments to doors in order for them to close properly.
• Ensure the removal of items in storage areas and closets where the floor is to be resurfaced.
• Make certain drapes, wall hangings and pictures are removed from walls.
• Verify that your in-home temperature is appropriate for installation.
Your local Flooring America store offers expert installation for all of the flooring products we carry. You can trust
our installers to create a great-looking floor for your home. Whether it's a solid-color carpet or a detailed, custom
tile design, our licensed and insured professionals will get the job done accurately and beautifully.
We are so confident that you will be more than satisfied with our professional installation that we will be happy
to correct any installation-related problems for free during the intended life of your floor.
Get started today and bring your colors, swatches, photos and ideas into your local Flooring America